How to develop Dropshipping eCommerce Website
Dropshipping ECommerce website:
Developing a drop shipping website for eCommerce is becoming extremely common today, especially among small businesses. There are a number of advantages to this form of e-commerce sector. The key advantage is that you do not need to manage or store products that you sell in your online shop.
Dropshipping is a form of retail delivery where a retailer does not hold the items in stock that they sell. Because the goods it sells from a third-party retailer or producer, who then fulfill the order, are purchased by an e-commerce website that operates a drop-shipping model. This not only reduces operating costs but also frees up the resources to concentrate all your energies on the acquisition of customers.
Features to develop a dropshipping eCommerce website:
Since drop shipping is very modern and unique to the types of products sold, some specific features should be known to any online retailer. To select the correct solution for your dropshipping ecommerce website, you can use the features provided below.
- Simple to use and affordable platform for maintenance.
- Solutions for e-commerce can endorse drop-shipping plugins.
- The platform must provide customer service 24/7.
- It should be scalable and offer you a seamless management style.
Best eCommerce platform for a dropshipping business:
To search for the best e-commerce platform for startups who want to start a dropshipping company, let’s get into specifics. The comparison below focuses on the ease of use, user support, and price of each platform.
The most frequently used e-commerce website in the world is WooCommerce. In general e-commerce stores, it has a market share of more than 28 percent and the key credit for this is free and easy to install the plugin. With just a single click, WooCommerce users can install it which makes it a perfect platform, even for non-technical users.
- User-friendliness: WooCommerce comes with a basic GUI interface that can be understood by any newbie. It is built on WordPress, a blogger’s favorite site, which enables users to add several add-ons for free. On WordPress, users can easily install WooCommerce and start their company with just a few clicks.
- Price: It is absolutely free to use WooCommerce. It is a WordPress plugin and without paying anything, users who have WordPress installed can easily install it as a plugin.
- Support: WooCommerce has an extensive group of developers and designers working actively to promote this platform. Users will easily find a lot of stuff on the internet to install and support this platform.
- Websites Hosted on It: You can easily find many popular e-commerce websites using it as an e-commerce platform since it hosts millions of online stores. Some of them include Singer, Weber Grills, Believe it or not by Ripley, and All Black.
Undoubtedly, one of the most strong dropshipping eCommerce platforms is Shopify. It claims to host about 500,000 stores and dropshipping websites for e-commerce. Oberlo, a dropshipping plugin that makes product import and order satisfaction a painless operation, was officially acquired by Shopify. It is one of the most commonly used e-commerce sites for technically-savvy users.
- Price: Shopify is an e-commerce payment network. Advanced Shopify can be preferred by companies interested in having premium services.
- Support: Shopify provides email, phone, and chat support 24/7. It also has an official website of its own where users can ask for assistance. You won’t find much support on community forums related to custom creation, however since Shopify is proprietary.
- Websites Hosted on It: Most of the top dropshipping stores are hosted by Shopify. Websites like Negative Underwear, UgMonk, Flat Spot, and Pipcorn are hosted here.
It is strong but complicated and may not be sufficient for beginners. Magento is an e-commerce platform that is developer-friendly and needs at least basic programming skills. For that reason, most dropshippers using Magento as an eCommerce platform either know about the development of the Magento store or have hired a developer.
- User-friendliness: With a user-friendly interface, Magento is an advanced e-commerce site. Anyone who wants to start his drop shipping company can use it to build an eCommerce shop, but they will need help in fixing errors or updating Magento. So for total beginners, I’m not going to suggest it.
- Price: Magento is a totally free e-commerce platform and can be launched with little assistance by anyone.
- Support: Magento is a website that is commonly used. In order to support newcomers, it has an official forum where Magento officials, developers, and designers are open. It also has many off-site sites, such as Youtube channels, blogs, and forums, where users can get assistance if they get into obstacles when building their dropshipping shops. For dropshippers, Magento also provides numerous plugins.
- Websites Hosted on it: thousands of top e-commerce websites are hosted by Magento. It is used by retailers and producers including SelcoBW, Dufry, and JCB to operate their companies.
It has a fair share of the market for e-commerce platforms. It is known for its simple user interface and quick setup process for e-commerce. Compared to Shopify, BigCommerce is more economical as a hosted e-commerce site since it does not charge any transaction fee, and provides unrestricted employee accounts, apart from other prominent features.
- User-friendliness: You can set up your trial account and get started with BigCommerce quickly. Most of the themes in BigCommerce are free and you can easily customize the layout as needed.
- Price: BigCommerce is a payment network of eCommerce. It provides a version of the enterprise, the price of it is undisclosed, and to get it, you will have to call the BigCommerce team.
- Support: BigCommerce provides email, talk, phone, and forum support that is the same as Shopify.
- Websites Hosted on It: BigCommerce hosts several top-notch firms, including Toyota, Marucci Sports, and Nine Line Clothing, in eCommerce stores.
OpenCart store can easily be set up by someone who is a little tech-savvy. The platform also includes different free and paid plugins and dropshipping themes.
- User Friendliness: Because OpenCart is made for e-commerce, the dashboard of the administrator provides analytics, payments, and order number. For non-technical users, the point and click interface often makes it a friendly site.
- Price: It’s absolutely free to use OpenCart. Only need to pay the host.
- Support: OpenCart provides support for tickets and e-mails to its users. It also hosts a forum where users of Opencart can get answers to issues that they face while setting up their stores.
- Websites Hosted on It: As their eCommerce website, many popular eCommerce stores use OpenCart. That includes the British Red Cross, 6 Dollar Shirts, and For Fans by Fans.
Steps to develop a dropshipping eCommerce website:
Although launching a drop shipping company does not require a lot of start-up funds, it will require a massive amount of hard work. Develop a dropshipping eCommerce website by using the below-given steps.
1. Select a niche:
It is important that the niche you choose is laser-focused and something you are truly interested in. It will be hard to market a product range that isn’t centered. If you are not excited about the niche you chose, you will be more likely to be discouraged because it takes a lot of work to effectively scale a dropshipping company. When choosing your niche, here are some points to remember:
- Aim for attractive gains.
- It is very important to have low shipping costs.
- Make sure the product appeals to inspire disposable income buyers.
- Make sure people are actively searching for your product.
- Create your own brand.
- Offer anything locally that isn’t readily available.
2. Perform competition research:
Know, other dropshipping activities, as well as retail companies such as Walmart and Amazon, can compete with you. This is where a lot of potential drop shippers go wrong because they are searching for a commodity that has little to no competition. That’s a sign that there’s no market for that specific product.
There are many reasons why a supplier does not have a lot of competition for a service, including high shipping prices, supplier and production issues, or low-profit margins. As it is an indication that there is a strong demand and the business model is sustainable, look for goods that have competition.
3. Secure a supplier:
Partnering with the wrong supplier may destroy your business, so it’s important that this move is not hurried. Conduct due diligence properly. Communicating with dropshipping suppliers is very important in terms of response speed and to understand each other because many of the dropshipping suppliers are overseas. If you are not 100 percent confident in a potential supplier’s communication skills, move on, and continue your search.
4. Build your eCommerce website:
The next step is to build an eCommerce website. An E-Commerce website can be built on any of the above-mentioned platforms. An E-Commerce website can be built with a low budget. But while building or developing a dropshipping eCommerce website the features said above should be included.
5. Build a roadmap for customer acquisition:
It’s nice to have a great product and a website, but you don’t have a business without clients trying to buy it. There are many ways to attract potential buyers, but starting a Social media ad campaign is the most successful choice.
It’s good to have a great product and a website, but without customers wanting to buy it you have no business. This gives you the capacity to compete directly with the biggest brands and retailers.
You will have to think in the long term, so the focus should also be on search engine optimization and email marketing. Collect emails from the beginning and set up automatic sequences of emails providing deals and special offers. Without extra ads and marketing spending, it’s a simple way to exploit your current consumer base and generate sales.
6. Analyze and optimize:
To grow your business, you need to track all of the available data and metrics. This involves traffic from Google Analytics and pixel data for social media conversion if that is the key platform for consumer acquisition. If you can monitor every single conversion—to know where the customer came from and what route they took on your website that ultimately led to a sale—it helps you to scale up what works and remove what doesn’t.
You would never have an advertising or marketing solution for set-and-forget. You need to continually explore new possibilities and fine-tune existing campaigns, enabling you to know when to maximize or adjust spending on campaigns.
Though drop shipping sounds easy because of all the content available in its favor all over the internet, it’s not as easy as many people tell you. There are several technical obstacles attached to the dropshipping market, and your chances of succeeding on this route are slim if you don’t get them right first. So, the best way is to hire a dropshipping eCommerce website development company to avoid the risk.
We have the best web developers at Krify who are expert in trending technologies and apply their skills in developing robust mobile and web applications, according to the customers’ mutual requirements. If you are looking for a dropshipping eCommerce website development company in India, you landed on the right page. Contact us for more info.